It a different way to wash your face without harsh chemicals and to obtain better results in your skin’s health than the usual soap, astringent, moisturize, etc methods.
How does it work?
The OCM is used by “washing” your face with oils, instead of traditional soaps. Traditional soaps strip away the natural oils on your face that are needed to keep your skin healthy. Did you know that if you have an oily face, and then wash your face more because of the oil, all your skin is going to do is produce even more oil! It’s a lose, lose situation. How do you win? Wash with oil. When you clean with oil, you wash away all the dirt and irritants on your skin and leave the natural oils on your skin. You are probably thinking that this is going to be an oily mess. I promise to you it isn’t!! It takes a while for your skin to get use to the new routine, but once your skin is adjusted, it’s amazing!
Why did I try it?
I use to have OILY skin and breakouts like no other. The mine fields on my face are living proof. I was so sick of using over the counter soaps and creams. The doctors could never find a Rx that my skin behaved with. I felt I was going to look like a 14 year old in my 30s forever. (The only plus size to having an oily face? You look younger traditionally longer since you skin doesn’t dry out compared to others with dry skin. Keep thinking about this while you hate your oily skin) I literally tried every product on the market since I was 14 ish, so I have years of trying products and giving my skin time to adjust. I was tired and burned out feeling uncomfortable in my own skin. I finally found out at OCM. I have been using it for about 2 years now and I couldn’t be happier.
What kind of oils do you use?
This is probably one of the coolest things about oils. There are so many out there that cater to different issues, you can fix your own concoxation to fit your needs and yours alone. Now, when you buy oils, you have to buy the good ones! You can’t be cheap! Cheap oils are 98% of the time not pure and not good for you. I have read and love cold- pressed, pure oils. This is important!!!
I could keep going on about the nitty gritty on this method, but here is where I will send you to the pros. Questions? Please ask! Drop a comment below of email me!
Pros for OCM:
- It’s great and healthy for your skin. Clears up acne, moisturizes and helps control oil production.
- It’s natural- be sure to buy cold-pressed or expeller-pressed organic oils, as well as castor oil that’s consciously extracted.
- It cleans away makeup.
- It doesn’t strip the skin of its natural oils.
- If you use this nightly, you may not need to buy pricey moisturizers anymore.
- It takes time for your skin to adjust.
- It’s more time-consuming for some.
- It’s a little more costly than using a cleanser, depending on the oils you choose at first. The cost usually evens out since you have to use so little oil to get the effects.
- More laundry from the fresh washcloths every time you wash your face.